Cast Blank Material Cross Reference

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MRDucks2

May have missed it but did not find a cross reference of the different types of cast blanks and how they cross the materials.

For example: I believe Inlace Acrylester and Rhino are similar. Are they made of PR or something else?

Which brands/types actually are PR?

I know Alumilite is Alumilite but are their "brands" made of Alumilite that are called something else?

I expect their is enough knowledge on here to figure it out, then I could combine into a list for site. Tell what you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Sylvanite

Inlace Acrylester and Rhinoplastic are both polyester resin, but with differing workability.

Alumilite is a company that markets a variety of urethane resins. Alumilite Clear, Water Clear, White, and RC3 Black (et. al.) have been used to make commercially available pen blanks by a variety of casters. Again, the various resins have different turning characteristics.

There are also 2-part and UV-cured epoxies, and quite a range of other synthetic materials on the market.

See http://www.penturners.org/forum/f14/not-all-plastics-acrylic-148328/ for more information.

its_virgil

Alumilite is a company name. One of their resins we use is a polyurethane resin and the other is an epoxy. Just saying Alumilite does not distinguish between the two. Just saying.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom