I received some “Tiffany” casein from turners workshop recently, and decided that I needed to try it out sooner than later. I’d always been curious about the material, but never had a chance to use it. I wasn’t sure what to expect after hearing a decent amount of negative feedback, but I found it quite nice to work with. I didn’t find any issue with water solubility, which is one of the main complaints I have heard (this was wet sanded with no warping or dissolving). I based this pen around an acrylic skeleton made from transparent purple acrylic keeping the entire ink chamber enclosed to eliminate risk of ink seeping into the casein. I made a sleeve from the casein, which was threaded on and epoxied over the acrylic body. The section and cap threads are black acrylic. Since the casein was not large enough in diameter for the cap, I used black acrylic for the cap, and make the finial from casein to be able to tie the cap to the body and make them look like they matched. I made the clip and section band from argentium, and pierced the clip to try and mirror the random stained glass pattern of the casein. This is a somewhat oversize pen, with a barrel diameter of 14mm at the cap threads, and about 5 3/8” long when capped. It uses a Bock #8 nib, and can be filled via converter or ink placed directly in the barrel, as the casein is insulated from contact with the ink.