Cartridge Board Query.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wm460

Tennant Creek, Northern Territory, Australia,0860.
I have been asked to make a couple of cartridge board up.
How would you attach the cartridges to the back?
I thought of epoxy but think it will get too messy and slow.
confused.gif

Something like this.

b16b003d7e2e22fbad9a0b54ba95d53e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I thoughts:
1. Epoxy would be the best holding, But it will allow slippage until it sets.
2. Thick CA, but it too will allow slippage until it sets
3. Hot Melt allows quick holding power, but unless proficient you will get "strings."
4. Small Dots of epoxy PUTTY on the back of each cartridge. There are some slow setting. And you can get Black epoxy putty. I would suggest black as it would be less noticeable than white. Epoxy putty will allow quick adhesion and still movable if position correction is needed within a few minutes span.

Do an Amazon search for Black epoxy putty and several come up.
If you want gold colored you can get gold colored Bondo, which will appear the same color as the brass, but make small amounts as it begins to set in 2 minutes.

DrD

Looks like you have a .375 H&H Mag and a .45/70 among others on the board pictured; these are pretty heavy cartridges. Just curious, are these live or dummies with the powder drained and primers decapped/missing?

Curly

Assuming the cartridges have powder and primers dealt with like DrD asked drilling a couple holes in the brass would let you use a length of wire through matching holes in the background board to hold them. No chance of glues messing up the background or letting go someday.

DrD

Assuming the cartridges have powder and primers dealt with like DrD asked drilling a couple holes in the brass would let you use a length of wire through matching holes in the background board to hold them. No chance of glues messing up the background or letting go someday.
I believe that's what Winchester/Western used to do for their boards.

Top Bottom