Carolina SF15 drill press clues

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

carolina tool

A google search----Came across the 5/2020 thread on the "Made in Taiwan", 12 speed, Carolina SF15 drill press,looking for parts---i have the exact one and heres some clues on other labelled presses under other names. Most of my original label is gone, but seems to have a date stamp of 4/1978. Just some of the similar models,being restored on YouTube---Chicago Machine Tool I-14; Tull International 12 spd;Sun International SF15(1979); Guardian Power 12spd; and a King KG-15N(2005),etc. I identified most by the same casting of headstock,with 3 pulley system; the underside of headstock table lamp socket; the belt adjustment lever; the side power/light switches(not on front of casting,as modern models).

Without knowing more,it seems this 15", 12 spd , made in Taiwan drill press,was in production for approx 25+ yrs,under many names. Perhaps,older Harbor Freight 12 spd models,or even current knock-offs from China,with same older casting,would have the correct metric parts? If old owners manual ,for above models,can be found,perhaps exploded parts diagrams with numbers,could help?

The one im currently restoring,had bad original motor,with severely misaligned pulleys---a better US made Dayton motor,was larger in diameter,so i had to cut top housing to allow pulley height adjustment,when there was no shaft length left. Currently,there is two A25 belts up top----dont think that is right---research on old ones,seems there should be an A25 & A29 belts. Anyone have a good method for measuring belts needs? Piece of rope around center of pulleys,etc?

Hope this helps someone restoring any 15",12spd,made in Taiwan drill press-----seems like a lot of them out there. Let me know if you found any better info,thanks!

Top Bottom