Carbon Fiber Jig

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rchrusciel

Looking for ideas or pictures for a jig to stretch and glue carbon fiber to multiple tubes at the same time. I am currently using a vise mounted under my workbench and hang the tubes from that with vise grips hanging from the bottom. This gets the job done, but I can only do a couple at a time and it is time consuming to set up. I have found a couple threads mentioning jigs, but I have been unable to find and descriptions or pictures. Thanks for any help/

jfoh

What size tube? If you can find in in 10" size I use that and cut to length.

rchrusciel

I have 10" tubes to use in the 3/8" that I'm making and I thought about doing that, but I don't have a band saw anymore. I have been cutting tubing with a hobby size pipe cutter, but that ends up ckosing the ends more that I'd like.

What are you using to cut the tubes?

bruce119

I have 10" tubes to use in the 3/8" that I'm making and I thought about doing that, but I don't have a band saw anymore. I have been cutting tubing with a hobby size pipe cutter, but that ends up ckosing the ends more that I'd like.

What are you using to cut the tubes?

If you are going to be cutting a lot of tubes...
This little guy is a good investment 6 in. Cut-Off Saw from Harbor Freight...

Gets the job done with onll a slight burr you can easily clean up with a knife...

Top Bottom