carbide bandsaw blade

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bmachin

I'm sure there are other sources, but Iturra Designs can fix you up with any length you need.

No web presence, so you need to call them at 904-642-2802. Make sure to ask for a copy of their catalog while you've got them on the phone.

Great company.

Bill

jttheclockman

I use nothing but Lennox trimaster. But I use them for resawing. If you are cutting pen blanks that is a waste of money. I have a source in NJ that I get them custom made. But here is a Lennox dealer. Have no idea about their service but the price is about the same.

www.bandsawbladesdirect.com/lenox-tri-master-carbide-band-saw-blades

When you say blade that does not lose its teeth:confused::confused::confused:

What blades are you buying, some harbor freight stuff?? Any good blade will stand up to cutting pen blanks unless you are trying to cut metals with it. Proper blade for the job is key. Brands are subjective.

steamshovel

I use nothing but Lennox trimaster. But I use them for resawing. If you are cutting pen blanks that is a waste of money. I have a source in NJ that I get them custom made. But here is a Lennox dealer. Have no idea about their service but the price is about the same.

What blades are you buying, some harbor freight stuff?? Any good blade will stand up to cutting pen blanks unless you are trying to cut metals with it. Proper blade for the job is key. Brands are subjective.

I have heard that some blades lose their carbide tipped cutting surface occasionally. The weld does not hold?

Preston

MRDucks2

I have broken carbide tips off of circle saw blades through shear abuse from either overloading, overheating or reversed blade cutting. Again, my abuse of the blade not the blade's fault.

Having similar issues with a bandsaw blade would seem less likely and still associated with use, not the blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

jttheclockman

I have heard that some blades lose their carbide tipped cutting surface occasionally. The weld does not hold?

Preston

Mike said a mouthfull just below and that is usually the case. Owner abuse.

Poor welds could be a cause but hopefully quality control does their job and most big name brands have good quality control because their name is on those blades. You buy these China blades who knows what you get. There is proven facts out there where certain blade cleaners will break down welds on carbide and thus you have broken teeth. Many years have gone by and probably some people still do use Simple Green as a cleaner to break down the pitch and gummyiness on blades from the resins in woods. Worked real well but over time it breaks down the weld. So this is not recommended any more.

If you treat your tools well they will treat you well. Abuse them and they can fight back and it could hurt.:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom