Canxan and a homebrew

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ZanderPommo

ZanderPommo

Both long clickers, one Canxan Negro and one with a homebrew PR I made awhile ago that stayed in the pile a long time because it "looked lame on the outside". I'm starting to like those blanks the best.

Attachments

• IMG_1014.jpeg
    IMG_1014.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1015.jpeg
    IMG_1015.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1011.jpeg
    IMG_1011.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1012.jpeg
    IMG_1012.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1013.jpeg
    IMG_1013.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 96
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

Those are both great looking pens. Where did you get the Canxan Negro. That figure in the wood is amazing.
I'm actually selling a bunch right now in the for sale page. I have a distributor in GA who got a hold of a couple slabs from Belize. I bought both slabs and got about 75 blanks from it, and stabilized them all. It's likely the last of this wood that I'm gonna have. (So I kept a couple good ones for myself too ☺️)

d_bondi

The Caxan Negro is amazing and the Long Clicker really shows it off. I have never turned that pen kit, I think I need to get a few.

ZanderPommo

The Caxan Negro is amazing and the Long Clicker really shows it off. I have never turned that pen kit, I think I need to get a few.
It's my favorite ballpoint kit by far. And it sells well because many people prefer to be able to more easily use the pen one handed (including myself) and it really shows off the blank. Exotics has them with quantity discounts in chrome and black ti, and I believe gold as well.

d_bondi

It's my favorite ballpoint kit by far. And it sells well because many people prefer to be able to more easily use the pen one handed (including myself) and it really shows off the blank. Exotics has them with quantity discounts in chrome and black ti, and I believe gold as well.

Alex, do you really need a longer 3/8" bit for this kit, or are you making a standard length work? Do you drill on the lathe or a drill press (I always drill on the lathe)?

ZanderPommo

Alex, do you really need a longer 3/8" bit for this kit, or are you making a standard length work? Do you drill on the lathe or a drill press (I always drill on the lathe)?

BLUF: short will work, long one better

I drill on a drill press and used the standard length for a long time but now use the long one, though I had to grind the back down because of the short throw of my POS drill press 😂
I think on a lathe (assuming it's got a long enough bed) the long bit would be more beneficial. The standard length will have the chuck barely hanging on to the end of the bit to get through the blank.

bugradx2

BLUF: short will work, long one better

I drill on a drill press and used the standard length for a long time but now use the long one, though I had to grind the back down because of the short throw of my POS drill press 😂
I think on a lathe (assuming it's got a long enough bed) the long bit would be more beneficial. The standard length will have the chuck barely hanging on to the end of the bit to get through the blank.
hmm....
I have a long clicker kit in the shop right now to make for my neice. I had wondered if a standard bit would make it. I've only got a 2.5 inch throw on my drill press so I've always done my drilling on my lathe. I may have to rummage through my drill bits and see if I have a long one in the correct size.

ZanderPommo

hmm....
I have a long clicker kit in the shop right now to make for my neice. I had wondered if a standard bit would make it. I've only got a 2.5 inch throw on my drill press so I've always done my drilling on my lathe. I may have to rummage through my drill bits and see if I have a long one in the correct size.
I had the same setup and I got it done. Gotta drill half then raise the blank up the shank for the other half but was able to successfully make a couple hundred of them :)

bugradx2

I had the same setup and I got it done. Gotta drill half then raise the blank up the shank for the other half but was able to successfully make a couple hundred of them :)
yup, could totally do that except the guy doing the typing is the same one who does the raising and lowering on the drill press table and my luck (skill?) will wind up getting the hole just out of alignment with the bit and wind up with an oblong hole

Top Bottom