cane toad

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

guts

okay John,you aussies are gonna let us in on the fun,what in the world is a cane toad?i know i seen one of the guys admit to being one on here this morning.

M

Mudder

Originally posted by guts
<br />what in the world is a cane toad?

The cane toad is a nasty little critter that is not native to Oz. The first were actually imported into Australia from Hawaii to combat the cand beatle that is a pest in the sugar cane fields.

There was a show on television the other night saying that the importation of cane toad is considered to be one of Australia's worst ecological disasters. Apparently they are quite deadly to fish and other animals.

Here is some interesting reading:

http://www.fdrproject.org/pages/toads.htm

johncrane

spot on Mudder. Here in oz we have nick names for people living in different states and Blacksmith lives in Qeensland so they are called cane toads. That state is where they first imported cane toads. I live in victoria which is south of there border so we are called mexicans. Also that nasty big frog has jumped across the border into Kakadu NatPk Northern Territory. killing alot of wild life.

johncrane

Bill theres no way you would eat them when there run over by cars/trucks and if birds or wild life eat the dead frog they die to. G'day fred' I was at Mackay in Queensland on holidays.one year and where I was staying. they run there own melbourne cup.and they used cane toads.they put numbers on there back.if you wanted to play you pick a toad put your money on it then you have to kiss it and put it under a bin in a big circle.they bash the bin a bit then release them.my wife picked the winner and won fifty bucks. I didnt kiss her after that mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom