Canceled - Acrylic Acetate bulk buy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

The supplier has raised their prices so I am canceling this group buy. It fact they have raised their prices so much they are the least attractive place to get this order from (2.60 for 150 blanks).

If anyone want to pick up and reorganize through a different supplier the best price that I have found else where for 100 blank minimum order is 2.35 listed at Berea, Beartoothwoods, and AZ sihouette. I contacted 2 of these three suppliers and they were unwilling to lower thier price from that.

Sorry to have wasted everyones time.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Had not thought of that. If you are out of the country please note what country you are in next to your blank count. I will take have to mull this over.

rgundersen

I would do 20 or so.

Also if it helps I would offer to take the out of country orders as part of this group buy.

Should be no real extra shipping as I am getting some also, and will break out some of the work, presuming those out of country are willing to go that route.

vick

Originally posted by Monty
<br />OK, so if this is a go, where do we order[?][?][?][?]

Monty I am awaiting word on some shipping info still. Once I get the shipping info from them I will post with prices.
Not 100% sure this is a go this was to gauge if their was enough interest (which their is). Their may be some timing issues Berea has raised their prices to their distributers and this place is planning on raising their prices soon.

vick

The supplier has raised their prices so I am canceling this group buy. It fact they have raised their prices so much they are the least attractive place to get this order from (2.60 for 150 blanks).

If anyone want to pick up and reorganize through a different supplier the best price that I have found else where for 100 blank minimum order is 2.35 listed at Berea, Beartoothwoods, and AZ sihouette. I contacted 2 of these three suppliers and they were unwilling to lower thier price from that.

Sorry to have wasted everyones time.

Fangar

Originally posted by Fangar
<br />Thanks for the link Vick. I don't need any right now as I have plenty, but those are good prices.

Fangar

It's not often I quote myself...

Scratch this comment then...[;)]

Fangar

alamocdc

I was just looking at them this morning trying to figure out which ones I wanted. The disgusting part is that the 150 piece price is what the individual price was (IIRC). Me thinks greed struck, but it's his loss. And I doubt I'll buy any more mandrels from him now.[V]

EDIT in: I just noticed that he has at least one auction running on ebay for 50 of these same blanks. The starting bid is $119 ($2.40 per blank). Now I'm more than a little displeased!

EDIT #2: Now he has removed his auctions and closed his ebay store. All in a matter of minutes. He must be psychic (or he's reading this thread).[;)]

vick

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />I was just looking at them this morning trying to figure out which ones I wanted. The disgusting part is that the 150 piece price is what the individual price was (IIRC). Me thinks greed struck, but it's his loss. And I doubt I'll buy any more mandrels from him now.[V]

EDIT in: I just noticed that he has at least one auction running on ebay for 50 of these same blanks. The starting bid is $119 ($2.40 per blank). Now I'm more than a little displeased!

EDIT #2: Now he has removed his auctions and closed his ebay store. All in a matter of minutes. He must be psychic (or he's reading this thread).[;)]

Billy from what I heard Berea has raised their prices and believe the blanks are bigger and that would account for the price change. I think when they checked into getting inventory for the buy they realized they could not do it at the cost stated on their site. This is also I guess but I would surmize that the auction was probably to get rid of their old smaller stock so they would have a uniform inventory. I do not expect a business to lose money on a deal so I would not hold it against them. However I do find it odd that while their per blank price is still very good their bulk price is now higher than every other Berea reseller (except woodcraft)that I know of, and that I believe is where the greed comes in. In general I feal that the buyers from the forums are very educated buyers (your post about their e-bay store further proves that) and we recognized a abnoramlly low price when they did not even know their prices were to low. I find it a little insulting though that they then tried to gouge us thinking we would not know a bad price when we saw one.

Oh and yes I did provide them a link to this thread so I would not be suprized if they are following it.

alamocdc

No biggy, Mike. Thanks for trying! So we don't save $5 - $10 on 20 - 30 blanks each. It really isn't that big a deal. We just like to be able to take advantage of savings when we can. I know SWCTM appreciates it.[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom