Canadian slang

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
Being from So Cal, I was surprised at how many I knew. Even the Georgia stuff. I guess part of it is because I wasn't born yesterday.

Out this way Double-Double has a different meaning, especially animal style. And we drink soda. And drive on the 15 or the 5 or the 91. :cool:

Here, there's one highway - the Trans-Canada....and it is two lanes! (It's bigger elsewhere)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

Being from So Cal, I was surprised at how many I knew. Even the Georgia stuff. I guess part of it is because I wasn't born yesterday.

Out this way Double-Double has a different meaning, especially animal style. And we drink soda. And drive on the 15 or the 5 or the 91. :cool:

Here, there's one highway - the Trans-Canada....and it is two lanes! (It's bigger elsewhere)

Hey, you said it properly! :biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Hmmmm...I always had a problem in CA. because nobody seemed to use Route numbers it always seemed to be "The xyz freeway" using a name but the maps always showed the route numbers.

Haynie

My wife's family is Canadian. Her Aunt comes down almost every Christmas, and we have been up there a few times. I have heard each of those.

jsolie

Hmmmm...I always had a problem in CA. because nobody seemed to use Route numbers it always seemed to be "The xyz freeway" using a name but the maps always showed the route numbers.

:) My daughter's wedding was last weekend. There were several people who flew in from around the country to attend. I was trying to keep this in mind whilst giving directions. We had one guy attend from Florida, and it was his first time in California. I made sure to not only get him a Double-double from In-N-Out, but to also help him with the not-so-secret menu they have.

wouldentu2?

Many of those words are common way down here, but some are so strange that they made me spit out my water I had gotten from the Bubbler.

Top Bottom