Can some one suggest a good storge case?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

navycop

I have a "basic" starter plastic case that I bought from Michael's craft store. It has 10 individual compartments (two rows of 5) with 4 removable dividers in each row. I have my mantrel, bushings (3 sets in bags), 2 drill bits, 3 pen kits (in bags) in it now. I am looking for something that has compartments that I can keep the bushings separte. I know alot of kits use the same bushings, so I don't think I need one with a 100 compartments for bushings. Just something to keep tubes, nibs, refills, clips, etc separate. Sorry this is so long but I don't know how else to phrase it.
PS will attach a photo of mine later..

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

$5.00 at Harbor Freight....individual compartments can be adjusted, film cases for the bushings and can be had for free at just about any place that still develops print photos and fit perfectly in the case, very portable.

Attachments

• 100_0166.JPG
    100_0166.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 131

aggromere

I just bought one of those stand up or wall mount plastic drawer units on sale at lowes for 18.00. Kind of like the picture of the one Tim put a link too except It has 9 big drawers and 30 little ones. I leveled it on my workbench and then attached it to the wall so I wont knock it over. I also use a lot of those compartment tackle boxes cases for stuff as well. Although it seems I never have enough places for all the different stuff i accumulate.

stolicky

I have found that we all start with some type of little plastic case to organize things. However, before you know it, if you get into pen making like a lot of us, you will be organizing your entire work area with all kinds of pen making stuff!

I have a several of the Plano plastic storage boxes, as well as several cheap clear 'shoe box' style plastic boxes. You can get them for around a buck at the craft stores.

The short answer is - whatever works for you, and makes your life easier. My recommendation is that you just make the effort to stay organized. That way you can spend more time turning and less time searching for things. : )

monophoto

Whatever works, works.

I use plastic 35mm film canisters to hold bushings (my other hobby is photography). I also use a lot of plastic refrigerator containers for various things - my wife buys coldcuts in resealable plastic containers that I rinse out and recycle for shop storage. A Dymo labelmaker is a great way to identify the contents of the containers.

Mark

Mike, I started out with an organizer like that. I soon found I had four sitting on my work bench. I ended up getting the plastic bins & a wall mount/free standing rack from HF.

I've since moved to a floor to ceiling cabinet with cubby holes on the bottom half for kits and the upper half with shelves for my wood blanks. The acrylics still reside in a 38 gallon Rubbermade type of bin.

:eek: Geez, next I suppose I'll be building a closet in the corner with an organizer built into it. It just keep growing and growing...

It all comes down to using what you have and making it work or getting something that will..

arw01

I went with the Plano cases too from a local sporting goods store. Plano makes several types. Nearly all my blanks are in the no compartment ones with yellow latches, and I have a couple of the maroon latch ones because they have a large space on the right that fits pen kit bags perfectly.

Google plano cabinet and I bet you will find a magazine article or two on making a wall cabinet to stack them in.

Alan

Top Bottom