Can I cast in the rain?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

howsitwork

Don't think it effects aluminite the EPOXY version that is. The polyurethaning version might be effected.

I assume you'll be singing as you work ??

howsitwork

Check the website as there are different versions. As I said with the epoxy version it doesn't mention drying the timber out first but with polyurethane versions I have seen it recommended to oven dry at low temp for a few hours and allow to cool in a sealed bag before casting , which to me indicates there ma6be moisture sensitivity.

Good luck with the singing by the way. Always wise to have an outside the house workshop. Mine has Hifi and radio and access to the freezer ( ice cream ) !

Curly

Put on a rain coat and mix a small test batch for a bottle stopper or a single pen blank and see how it goes. If it casts without flaws go ahead with bigger amounts. If rain was a problem nobody in the Northwest would ever cast anything. ;)

Bryan

Check the website as there are different versions. As I said with the epoxy version it doesn't mention drying the timber out first but with polyurethane versions I have seen it recommended to oven dry at low temp for a few hours and allow to cool in a sealed bag before casting , which to me indicates there ma6be moisture sensitivity.

Good luck with the singing by the way. Always wise to have an outside the house workshop. Mine has Hifi and radio and access to the freezer ( ice cream ) !
I'm missing the freezer! That's an awesome idea. I see "moisture" sensitive, I think I'll just hold off.

I've looked at this thread several times and every time I see it all I can think about is fishing. Sorry, I think I've been locked up too long. Anyway, the last time I did any casting in the rain all I caught was the back of my head. The hook didn't get set but it did hurt. Sorry :)

mick

I'm still not getting why you would want to cast in the rain. Wouldn't inside the shop be better?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom