Cambridge Rollerball Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have a couple of Cambridge rollerball kits that came in a lot from an older gentlemen who had to quit turning for health reasons. The kits did not come with instructions or ink cartridges. These came from Woodcraft and are model 148463 and is obviously discontinued.

Does anyone have instructions for these or what current, and accurate, version of the kit exists I can use instructions from? What bushings will work for these kits in addition to what type of ink cartridge?

I want to get this pen made in the next week if possible because it will be a retirement gift for one of my bosses. It will be made with a piece of wormy chestnut from an old structure on his property in the mountains in western North Carolina. If I need to order anything it should be done as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance for any help that can be given. There will probably be other older style kits posted but this particular one is of great importance at this time.

UPDATE: I think I have had some luck with finding instructions AND it looks like Arizona Silhouette still has these in stock and sells bushings. Fun times.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Yes there was a version that Timberbits was using also. It had plastic black thread insert. Some have a metal thread insert and then I believe they went back to plastic so there are various versions.
IMGP0743.JPG
IMGP0834.JPG
IMGP0737.JPG

Attachments

• cambridge_kit2.jpg
    cambridge_kit2.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 43
  • cambridge_kit.jpg
    cambridge_kit.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 46

jrista

See the attached photos for reference and here is a link to Woodcraft for what appears to be the kit when they sold it: https://www.woodcraft.com/products/cambridge-rollerball-pen-kit-gold-and-sterling-silver

The part number listed on this page...is also listed in this document:

I believe you've found the right documentation for that exact pen.

jttheclockman

I believe all the versions are the same in that they use the same tubes and bushings. It was just the plastic insert that they used and some did not. Do not quote on this but know 2 that I have are the same.

jrista

Thanks everyone, I think we got this locked in. Got the drill bits, bushings and ink ordered for this rollerball. I will make sure to post a pic of the finished pen.
Awesome! This is a great pen. Its big and beefy, but ornate and beautiful. I also like the fact that it is postable, without having to be threaded on the finial.

Top Bottom