Calypso Clicker Stylus

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from budnder

budnder

I've been wanting to try using a stylus pen so thought I'd make one and carry it with me on an upcoming trip. I think these are a new kit - I don't recall seeing a "click through" stylus with a Parker refill before. I went with a fatter profile on this than maybe I should have, in retrospect, thought it feels good in the hand.

I'd give the kit high marks for heft and quality, though maybe not such great marks for appearance, though some of that could be the profile I used. For less than $6/kit at the moment it certainly is a good value.

The wood is a root from an old stump I dug up... don't know what kind. I didn't realize until after I took the pictures that the black stylus on the tip wasn't going to show up... oops... sorry about that.

Attachments

• Calypso-8900.jpg
    Calypso-8900.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 222
  • Calypso-8897.jpg
    Calypso-8897.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 223
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Nice Pen, Roy.
Interesting "Root" Blank.
I like a Pen Kit that can display a Good Length of Blank.
Good Fit and Finish,
Congratulations,
Brian.

magpens

Very nice pen !!!!

The hardware is very attractive .... where do you buy the Calypso kit ? . I'd like to try it. . Woodturningz ?

qquake

Nice looking pen and blank! I believe the Calypso is a Woodturningz exclusive. There are a couple of other "click through" stylus kits that I know of, the Vesper from PSI, and the Manhattan from Woodturners Catalog. I've turned some of the Manhattan, which I like, except for the "loose" clip. I've also turned several twist stylus tip pens, including the Big Ben, Knurl GT, and Executive from PSI.

Attachments

• 104.JPG
    104.JPG
    268.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 105.JPG
    105.JPG
    271.7 KB · Views: 186
  • done01.JPG
    done01.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 160
  • done05.JPG
    done05.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 172
  • 037.JPG
    037.JPG
    245.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 042.JPG
    042.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    170.3 KB · Views: 182

budnder

Calypso/Vesper

The Vesper looks like it might be an identical kit to the Calyspo, except for the knurling/texture on the Calypso metal bits. Looking at the assembly instructions, the underlying way it's constructed looks the same.

I pushed the clicker/clip unit in with a little collar so as to not press on the clicker. I know they say to do this on a clicker like the Long Wood. The instructions for the Calypso would just have you pressing on the clicker straight away. I notice the PSI instructions have you unscrew the plunger first, which is probably an easier way to assemble the Calypso than what I did.

Top Bottom