Calling for volunteers for running the 2020 Bash.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Its that time of year again. The 2020 Bash is just around the corner and we will need volunteers to help run the contests. We will use December to plan the contests and their rules, January we will post the rules for public review and input. and February is Bash Month. There is some work involved in setting up the rules for each contest but there are past rules to go by. You will need to be able to answer questions and clarify rules. Most of the work comes at the end of the contests when you will have to post pictures and make a voting poll, maybe a second run off poll if you have enough entries. You will need to post the winners of the contest and a picture of the winning pen at the end of the poll. If you would like to bask in all the glory and fame associated with running a contest post here in this thread.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred Bruche

🤔 I should probably read some rules somewhere but it might be informative to others too... is there a restriction on entering contests when one volunteer to run a contest? Asking for a friend... 😅

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Why yes, there are certain rules pertaining to entering contests. You cannot enter your own contest. For some Reason that seems to be slightly unfair to the other entrants. We have found the other people who entered get narrow minded when you win your own contest. Other than that you can enter the other contests. In the past when we had trivia contests and the questions and answers were posted and discussed prior to the contest starting you would not be allowed to enter that contest as well. But the pen making contests run by other chairmen is not a problem

darrin1200

Good day Mike. I believe I would enjoy setting some time aside to run one of the contests this year. I have always enjoyed watching and participating, now its time to a assist you guys.
Just shoot me an email, or a PM.

Fred Bruche

Why yes, there are certain rules pertaining to entering contests. You cannot enter your own contest. For some Reason that seems to be slightly unfair to the other entrants. We have found the other people who entered get narrow minded when you win your own contest. Other than that you can enter the other contests. In the past when we had trivia contests and the questions and answers were posted and discussed prior to the contest starting you would not be allowed to enter that contest as well. But the pen making contests run by other chairmen is not a problem

That makes a lot of sense and that's what I kinda figured but just wanted confirmation by the authorities.
It's a bit intimidating but I'd like to volunteer to run a contest. Can't be the pretty wood one, I already have a blank for that one 😬

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Thank You Dean its not hard, you will need to know how to post pictures in the thread though.

Top Bottom