Calligrapy Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Has anyone made calligraphy pens? I have a request for them. TGN has one tip but the photo is not clear. I wonder how they are mounted in a handle. Prior to retirement I had a fair sized art department and if I remember correctly the pens came in sets with several sized nibs. It has been 13 years since I retired and do not recall much about them. I am not an artist, I just hired them. Any info is appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rockytime

Thanks. That's exactly the info I need. Got this feeling the client will not be willing to pay the cost. She has no idea.
Thanks again.

Mr Vic

Les, last batch of these I bought from Golden Nib were just the inserts at about $2.oo per. Most of the standard speedball nibs will work with them. I retail a dip pen for about $20-$25 unless I use a fancy wood. Looks like the Golden Nib is out of stock as is Exotic's. If you can't find one and she wants a pen....give me a shout..

its_virgil

I make dip or calligraphy pens for a couple of customers and they do not want nibs. They just want the holder. I normally supply the insert to hold the nib but one customer does not want the insert. He has his own plug made from a wooden dowel that holds the nib in place.

I also have some inserts if you (les) need one. They are available from a company in the UK: Styles and Bates. They are a bit expensive getting them from the UK unless we buy several and share them. I do hope Anthony or Ed will restock them.
Don

Top Bottom