Calender-Sub Forums-Photos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Calender
Several people commented after the BASH last year that it would have been nice to have a schedule of events posted so everyone could know what is being held when, and what is going on on any given day. Jeff created a calender for this years BASH.

2013 Birthday Bash Calender

Contest Chairs: Remember that this year the BASH is going until 3/3 to provide contest contestants an extra weekend to complete and submit their entries. If possible, allow your contest to run long. I realize that with polls and such we can't make the actual due date for items to be judges then voted on the 3rd but perhaps the extra 3 days could allow you to move things back a little. Next year I think we should plan on announcing winners during the 2nd week of March to provide the ENTIRE month of February for the completion of contest entries. I wouldn't mind doing that this year if this last minute idea doesn't cause any of you too many headaches. Let me know.

I think this calender is going to work out nice. It will be easy for the members to access. It can be viewed as daily, weekly or monthly. If they click on an event it will open a window. Once the main BASH forum gets posted I will be able to put links to the actual contest sub-forums in that window so the members can click directly to the contest.

Sub-forums

Another piece of feedback we received was that sifting trough all the posts in the Birthday Bash forum in order to find what you are looking for is a bit tedious. In response Jeff will create sub-forums for each individual contest, making it much easier for the member to find the contest he is looking for. Trivia has had it's own sub-forum for years and it has worked out well for them. If someone wants to check up on the Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest they will simply go to the sub-forum titled, "The Exotic Blanks Advanced Beautiful Pen Contest".

Photos

Another comment involved photos. Specifically, the members would like to be able to view a photo of a winning item when the name of a winner is announced instead of having to go back to some different thread and trying to find the winner's entry. Also, it was asked if there could be a single place where all photos from a contest could be posted and viewed together. Jeff came through again and will create Photo Albums for the contests. When the contest chairs are ready to post photos of their entries they can be posted in the contest's photo album. If you need to put a photo in a thread, such as when winners are announced it can be done easily be linking to the photo in the photo album.

Thanks for all your hard work. I think things are coming together nicely!

mbroberg

I have as much of the Birthday Bash Calender filled in as I can right now. Please check the important dates regarding your contests (start, entries due, voting starts, voting ends, etc.) and let me know if they are incorrect. If your contest dates are not listed yet please let me know what they are and I'll plug them in.

Birthday Bash Calender

mbroberg

Jeff,

Sure, go ahead. Once you do I'll post an announcement with a link and an explanation that the calendar is subject to sudden and frequent changes.

Top Bottom