CA shortages

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BarrierBob

I recently noticed a few shortages of Stickfast CA. I have used this CA for quite a while. Is there an equal brand out there ? I use the aerosol activator rather than the pump bottles. Also noticed the price has jumped up considerably. Just wondering, as I need thin product at this time.

BarrierBob

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Penchant 4

I recently noticed a few shortages of Stickfast CA. I have used this CA for quite a while. Is there an equal brand out there ? I use the aerosol activator rather than the pump bottles. Also noticed the price has jumped up considerably. Just wondering, as I need thin product at this time.

BarrierBob
I have used Gluboost for about 3.5 years with excellent results.

wouldentu2?

I've used the BSI brand for 12 years with such great results that I see no need to even try other brands. I use their odorless product since I have a sensitivity to some CA. I do 100 + pens a year. I have the pump accelerator but rarely use it.

DRugerH

For CA finish on a pen, I actually use simple Harbor Freight glue. I have had great results with it, and at $2.99 for a 10-pack, it's cheap, and I usually buy 5 to 10 packs at a time and keep them in a can. Mind you, I don't sell my turnings. I make pens and give them as gifts, but since I have a pen I made for myself a few years ago, the first one I made using the HF super glue, and the finish still shines and has not chipped or flaked.

Anyhow, just a thought while prices are skyrocketing and glues are hard to find. HF always has a ton of theirs in stock.

Dan

JohnU

Like Penchant, I switched to Gluboost. I like their CA and Finishing CA and have never had any issues with either. I get it at Exoticblanks and haven't had any issues with it not being in stock and when ordered it usually arrives in 2 days.

penicillin

Pen finishes: GluBoost
CA glue for general repairs, woodworking, etc.: Mercury Adhesives

I bought the GluBoost at a local Rockler store and the Mercury Adhesives CA glue at the local Woodcraft store. I gave up on StickFast brand CA glue a long time ago. It is not that bad, but I like the other ones better.

I don't know what brand I'm using, I buy from Vince's Wood N Wonders.... last I bought was early this year.... haven't been in the shop since June after my internal leg bleed... time to go back now as I'm getting low on inventory at my local market place. I buy the 8oz bottles.

Top Bottom