CA issues bad ca?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I have several bottles of CA now about 7 months old and one new bottle from rockler that is doing odd things or maybe it is me that is doing odd things.

Anyhow I notice the CA is not getting that hard on the paper towel when I do the CA/BL finish the thin CA is but the med and thinck is not it is stying flexable and soft on the paper towel. Pens seem to be ok but I wate a day or so before sanding. Is this a sign of old CA.

How do I know when my CA is going bad.

I also had to redo some CA, sanded through the finish, so I sanded with 3200 put on another 5 or so cotes and hit it with some accleator. The ca crincled up :0 Same accelator I have been using anyone ever have this. guess I have to start over.

Also I forget the guy but what is the site to buy CA from?

Thanks for the info.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
"How do I know when my CA is going bad."
When CA starts to go bad, it usually CA get thicker and takes longer to dry.

"I also had to redo some CA, sanded through the finish, so I sanded with 3200 put on another 5 or so cotes and hit it with some accleator. The ca crincled up :0 Same accelator I have been using anyone ever have this. guess I have to start over."
You may have over done the amount of accelerator you used, it should only take a very small spritz to start the reaction. It can act as a solvent to slight degree.

Also I forget the guy but what is the site to buy CA from? Usually when CA starts to go bad it gets thicker and takes longer to dry.
That would be me. See my sig for a link to the CA page.

Top Bottom