CA Glue Gets Really Hot!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

egnald

I was just fixing a nasty catch on a really nice hybrid blank that I picked up from Exotic Blanks last weekend at the MPG in Chicago and I CA glued my fingers to the blank. Wow, that stuff gets smokin' hot while it is curing - yikes! I'm so glad I had a container of Acetone nearby. The blank might be lost or will at least be an oops blank for my EDC, but at least I don't have to use carbide to turn my fingers off of it. I will have to post pictures of the oops pen if I can manage to salvage it - I just hate it when those kinds of things happen - I think it is a gorgeous blank. - Dave

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rixstix

Yep, BTDT It hasn't taken me more than 2 times to learn a different finger position.

PS: I assume your area was spared from weather events since you are posting.

d_bondi

Been there, done that, and you are right, it gets hot. For some reason, it seems like it always happens in awkward hand positions too.

MRDucks2

I remember years ago I got some on my finger and quickly wiped it on the old T-shirt I was wearing. A few moments later I thought. Was getting stung when I looked down and smoke from my T-shirt where I wiped my finger. Surprised, I quickly grabbed the T-shirt and pulled away from my belly, tearing 3/4x1/4 strip of tender belly sling with it.

Only took me once to learn super glue gets hot. šŸ„µ

Hippie3180

Gosh! I had some built up on my finger and the last application caused it to start smoking and burning while it was stuck on my finger. It was super hot, fortunately I was able to pull the big glop off before there was a blister. I use blue tape over my index finger now.

WriteON

I was just fixing a nasty catch on a really nice hybrid blank that I picked up from Exotic Blanks last weekend at the MPG in Chicago and I CA glued my fingers to the blank. Wow, that stuff gets smokin' hot while it is curing - yikes! I'm so glad I had a container of Acetone nearby. The blank might be lost or will at least be an oops blank for my EDC, but at least I don't have to use carbide to turn my fingers off of it. I will have to post pictures of the oops pen if I can manage to salvage it - I just hate it when those kinds of things happen - I think it is a gorgeous blank. - Dave
2 oops pens this week. I was wearing vinyl gloves when using CA. The glove would stick to the blank and my hands. I should have stayed with models and Testors.

PreacherJon

Yep, it can be nasty. I've cut a finger here and there and actually use CA Glue to seal and cover the cut. Hurts for a moment, but it beats running to the washroom to tend to it.

Top Bottom