Ca glue accellerator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Micky D

Is there a way to make your own wood glue accellerator for turning pens that would not discolor your wood blanks?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

You are asking CA accelerator. I suggest you do not do this and purchase the brand that is made for the CA brand you are using. Not all CA and not all accelerators are equal. Why add another problem to the mix?? Then you will be here asking why the cloudy look. Just an opinion.

Micky D

I read about a brand that turned white and got bad reviews on Amazon. I use a good brand but am almost out. Just checking. I guess I better order before I run out.

jttheclockman

I read about a brand that turned white and got bad reviews on Amazon. I use a good brand but am almost out. Just checking. I guess I better order before I run out.
I say that is a wise move. Again not all brands play well with each other and you run a crap shoot mixing things up. Do not know details about Amazon review so could not comment. Maybe the OP did not know about brands.

CjG78

Starbond accelerator works well with mercury flex CA. That's probably the only exception that I know of

Animeozzy

Hi first time chiming in 🛎. I recently started using the gluboost accelerator just to try it out and have had very good results using with starbond CA. I will try gluboost CA in the future if it is as good a product as there accelerator I don't expect to be disappointed. Just my 2 cents.

TonyL

i haved used the bsi pump/liguid in a Sureshot compressed air atomizer at 9 to 12 inches. (from Amazon) it worked fine as far as I can tell. It will get on you lathe ways (sp?). I buy it from Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon. I still use the GB accelerator, but I ran out and it appeared to work.

Alchemist

i haved used the bsi pump/liguid in a Sureshot compressed air atomizer at 9 to 12 inches. (from Amazon) it worked fine as far as I can tell. It will get on you lathe ways (sp?). I buy it from Hobby Lobby with the 40% off coupon. I still use the GB accelerator, but I ran out and it appeared to work.

The atomizer is a good idea! I have a huge bottle of this and don't use it because the tiny bottles are terrible. They leak and spit when used.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Top Bottom