CA finish???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugob

Hi friends,
I've tried a CA finish on a pen for the first time lastnight, I was very happy with the result. Only one problem, If looking at the pen against sharp light, I see alot off 'paper towel' marks around the pen.

HELP please!!!

TXS

HUGO

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clewless

Ahh, you need one of Peter Cribari's famous buffing shafts. See listing in individual classifieds, maybe he'll have enough orders for another run. My CA and lacquer finishes are looking better after buffing.

gerryr

You should be able to buy an adapter that will hold one buffing wheel and that can chucked on your lathe. If you use more than one grade of buffing compound then you'll need a seperate wheel for each grade. It certainly isn't as fast as a what Joe is talking about, but it will work. How are sanding after applying the CA? Are you using MM all the way to 12000?

Johnathan

You need to get the micro mesh, that might mix your problem. Go all the way to 12,000. polish and wax. You can buff too. I don't have one of those great buffing shafts from Peter just yet, but I'm working on it.[:)]

Fangar

Originally posted by Hugob
<br />Gary,
I sand up to <b>1500</b>grid sandpaper???

TXS

There's your problem. I would recommend getting some micro mesh. You will not believe the difference. A buffing wheel in my opinion is a necessity, but I guess that others might feel otherwise.

Cheers,

Fangar

TomServo

hugo: if you can find it, going up to 2000 then 2500 grit will help - 2500 grit (not p2500) is equivalent to ~7000 micro mesh 1500 grit is equivalent to 4000 MM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom