CA finish, fast and simple. (Video tutorial)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ZanderPommo

Well, I made a quick video detailing how I do a quick and simple CA finish from 600 grit on the raw wood to final polish. I misspoke multiple times including when stating my own age (I'm 29, not 28) 😂

I hope this helps somebody who's struggling.

Cheers

Here is a couple photos of the finished pen:

Attachments

• 06AEA11C-84AC-4219-A608-8CFC193A06C4.jpeg
    06AEA11C-84AC-4219-A608-8CFC193A06C4.jpeg
    288.2 KB · Views: 73
  • E0DD2B66-1678-4727-AC29-D4F45D42DC95.jpeg
    E0DD2B66-1678-4727-AC29-D4F45D42DC95.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 78
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

andre

Well, I made a quick video detailing how I do a quick and simple CA finish from 600 grit on the raw wood to final polish. I misspoke multiple times including when stating my own age (I'm 29, not 28) 😂

Cheers

This is awesome. After watching I just went down and used this technique on a pen I was half finished with using medium ca and letting each coat dry naturally...long process. I finished the finish in 10 minutes with this technique. Looks great!

jttheclockman

This is awesome. After watching I just went down and used this technique on a pen I was half finished with using medium ca and letting each coat dry naturally...long process. I finished the finish in 10 minutes with this technique. Looks great!
I see this is your first post so welcome to the forum. Next I would like to take a second here to put out a warning about using accelerator when applying CA Yes it makes coats alot quicker but that could present a problem. What happens is you force the CA to dry and skim over when using that stuff. It is possible that each layer has not completely dried before adding next layer so now when all done and these layers dry can show up cracks because CA has no place to go. It is not like lacquer where one coat melts into each other. Depending how thick the coat the more chances this can occur. Good luck.

GTAB

Cheers

Thank you. Just learning about CA finishing, I've done couple but always looking to home and improve my skills. My next pen I'll incorporate what I've learned here in your video and look for that glass like finish. Thanks again

Top Bottom