CA durability after 2 years?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dvoigt

An old co-worker of mine met up with me today to purchase another pen from me, he has probably bought 5 or 6 over the last 2-3 years. He mentioned to me that the finish was dulling on one of the pens that he bought about 2 years ago. It is a roller ball pen and the cap is still shinny but the bottom part is more dull. I used a CA finish on the pen.

Is this a case of normal wear and tear on a pen that sees daily use for the last 2 years, or an indication that maybe the CA wasn't thick enough and wore through prematurally?

I know that no finish will last forever and I offered to refinish it for free because he is a good customer. But what do you all think?

Derek

KenV

I have a 6 year old cigar -- it is about ready for it's 3rd refinish. CA finish each time and near daily use, a few trip in the rain, occasional pass through the washing machine, etc.

The first one was probably not the best -- the second was damn good, as will the next one.

By the way, the Black Titanium finish has worn through on all the sharp edges, especially at the nib and the finial a long time ago.

Top Bottom