'CA debonder', acetone, Meth, laws and our hobby.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

With all due respects, how do you know what im trying to prevent? I think you will find a lock and key will stop children opening the cabinet.

I am the recipient, not the dispatcher. If I were dispatching I would be using hazmat courier though its out of my control.

Furthermore I can assure you 93% fuming sulphuric acid what burns your skin in less than 20 seconds shouldnt come by standard post.

Sorry ed but found your post extremely patronising.

Sorry was not meant to sound patronizing at all. I was simply pointed out that a lock/key does not keep people out, that goes with kids and thieves. Sure if the kid is a toddler then a locked door would likely work but kids getting into locked doors is very trivial. My point was don't over exaggerate the usefulness of a lock as that is very low. A lock is simply to keep an honest person honest, nothing more.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
With all due respects, how do you know what im trying to prevent? I think you will find a lock and key will stop children opening the cabinet.

I am the recipient, not the dispatcher. If I were dispatching I would be using hazmat courier though its out of my control.

Furthermore I can assure you 93% fuming sulphuric acid what burns your skin in less than 20 seconds shouldnt come by standard post.

Sorry ed but found your post extremely patronising.

Sorry was not meant to sound patronizing at all. I was simply pointed out that a lock/key does not keep people out, that goes with kids and thieves. Sure if the kid is a toddler then a locked door would likely work but kids getting into locked doors is very trivial. My point was don't over exaggerate the usefulness of a lock as that is very low. A lock is simply to keep an honest person honest, nothing more.
I have some locks that I'd give a lot to see a kid defeat...In the Navy we used to call a heavy duty set of bolt cutters "the master key" I've had some locks since then that you won't cut with bolt cutters and you'd have to be a lot better than the average kid to pick them as well. Locks are used because they work. Locked doors won't keep someone out who is determined to get in but they do keep some theives out because the thief won't take the time required to beat the lock.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Locks do not keep "honest people honest" as an honest person wouldn't need the lock in the first place... they keep lazy thieves out.
True, when we lived in a small town in upstate NY we never locked our doors - the only breakin we ever had was was a couple of the boys in our youngest daughters' class came in after they'd been drinking at a graduation party .... actually one of them "broke out" he'd come in through an open back door, but "escaped" out the window of our son's bedroom breaking the window.

THarvey

I buy acetone at beauty shop supply stores (Sally's, Salone Supply). Last I bought was $3.99 a quart in plastic bottles. No license needed and they keep it in stock.

Scruffy

I wonder...

1. Is Colorado going to legalize medical acetone?

2. Is California going to make sure Home Depot cards you for buying light bulbs?

Top Bottom