C.A. Outgassing

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kenny Durrant

I know this has been discussed in the past and at the time some thought it did and you needed to give it 3 days to outgas and others said it only took a few hours. I'm referring to the time you should wait before trying to cast a blank. I decided to post here in case someone might have knowledge about this but doesn't care anything about casting. The reason I'm bringing it back up is because I've gotten away from using P.R. so I haven't been using C.A. for casting but now I might have the need to start back. I would like all your comments and reasons for both sides. As of now I'm waiting to be on the safe side but I'd rather not be wasting time if I don't have to. Thanks for all your input.

1080Wayne

Suspect it depends to some degree on the amount/thickness of the CA deposit . My experience in applying multi layers of CA to objects is that the first few layers set up rapidly , but get progressively slower as thickness builds up to 5?? thou (unmeasured) . The thicker the layer , the more time is required for curing . I usually wait at least a day before over-casting with Alumilite , and have never had any problem that I could attribute to CA .

Top Bottom