Buyer beware

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
I recently ordered some Parker refills from Amazon to have around and replace the refill on my EDC. These were advertised as "original" and the packaging looked just like a Parker package. Just an FYI, the heads on the replacement refills are just a bit thicker than the original refill so the refill tip won't extend past the pen tip. After a close inspection I noticed that the original refill has a much narrower head while the replacement pen head is thicker not allow it to go past the pen tip.
Funny thing is that the packaging, again after further investigation, indicates that these refills are only made for Nepal and India...go figure. So if you're looking for new refills you might want to find another supplier. Needless to say I'll be returning these to Amazon.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
I am seeing more and more overseas replacement parts listed as original. On some items, they are shipped from within the USA and that makes it hard to determine; however, many items and parts are not. I often place things in the cart and go to "Check Out" and look for the delivery time. (I have Prime and rarely order if it is not shippable by Prime) If it is more than a 3 days, especially if it is a week or more, I don't order.

Amazon should be required to state where the contents originate. Thanks for the heads up, Tom.

WarEagle90

Tom, I have some of the same Parker refills, Same packaging stating only for sale in India/Nepal. I had not opened one of them until now. The one I opened would fit through the nib but it's about 1mm shorter than the true original Parker so it doesn't protrude quite far enough to look correct. It is usable but I would not want to put them in a pen I was planning to give/sell to someone else.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not sure I would have ever checked them before I gave them away.

Ironwood

Sounds like some I bought off eBay a few years ago. They were packaged as Genuine Parker refills and they looked the part until you tried to use them, the tip was thicker and bound up while going through the nose cone.

These are Parker brand or Parker-style Schmidt brand?
These look exactly like a Parker refill. On the bottom left of the card is printed "Luxor". Amazon has already given me the paperwork needed to ship them back. I was a little annoyed with Amazon on this as it didn't say in their description that these were for Nepal/India.

Tom, I have some of the same Parker refills, Same packaging stating only for sale in India/Nepal. I had not opened one of them until now. The one I opened would fit through the nib but it's about 1mm shorter than the true original Parker so it doesn't protrude quite far enough to look correct. It is usable but I would not want to put them in a pen I was planning to give/sell to someone else.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm not sure I would have ever checked them before I gave them away.
Your experience is the same as mine Dan except the ones I got would not allow the transmission to operate and like yours, just the very tip of refill would come out. There's no way you can write with this pen refill

TonyL

These look exactly like a Parker refill. On the bottom left of the card is printed "Luxor". Amazon has already given me the paperwork needed to ship them back. I was a little annoyed with Amazon on this as it didn't say in their description that these were for Nepal/India.
Thank you. Another choice is the Schmidt 9000. There are many others.

Top Bottom