Butter Press

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

As a kid, we often went to my Grandparents for Sunday dinner. At that time, Grandma Walker still cooked on a wood stove and made her own butter. Fried chicken, leather stockings (some sort sort of dried bean still in the shell, they were brown), mashed potatoes, homemade bread and butter. Grandma had a butter press that left a neat design on the butter that fascinated me. I have always wanted to make a butter press and finally got around to it. Need to work on my carving skills. Cherry with Doctors Bowl Finish.

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

View in Gallery

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BradG

I am glad I found this post. I spotted your pictures in the members gallery but couldn't figure out what it was for!. It looks fantastic. be sure to post a pic of some pressed butter once you've had a chance to try it out :)

magpens

Nice work Cody !!!!

The mention of churning butter reminds me of early days on Aunt & Uncle's farm on the Prairies !

Cwalker935

With Mother's Day coming up, I think that I will buy my wife a cow and make her a churn. Heck, I can even make a milking stool. She can make butter just like Grandma did. She wil be thrilled, right?

I am hoping to try making butter just one time if I can find some unpasteurized milk. Probably use a mixer rather than a churn. Thanks for the comments, I really enjoyed this little project.

With Mother's Day coming up, I think that I will buy my wife a cow and make her a churn. Heck, I can even make a milking stool. She can make butter just like Grandma did. She wil be thrilled, right?

I am hoping to try making butter just one time if I can find some unpasteurized milk. Probably use a mixer rather than a churn. Thanks for the comments, I really enjoyed this little project.

A mixer won't work, too fast.... put the milk in a gallon jug and sit and shake it for about half to full hour... the butter will rise to the top. Once it has formed, you'll need to put it in a bowl and rinse it... work water through it to get any milk out before you mold it. You can salt it while working it if you want salted butter.

Top Bottom