Business Cards

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Randa

Do any of you Pen Turners put the IAP logo on your business cards and do you use a sticker inside the gift cases to show your name on your work?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I do not...never thought of it. I wonder if that is something that we need express permission to do.

MRDucks2

Well, it may not be called a sticky in the forum, now that you mention it, but it means a topic that is stuck at the top of the page for the subject so it doesn't get lost in the threads of conversation.

From the phone app it is under IAP Announcements and Information.

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Lucky2

Sorry to expose my ignorance, but what does that mean ? . In particular, I'm unfamiliar with the use of the word "sticky" in this way.

Mags, in this instance, a sticky means that there is a detailed posting on the subject. And when you read it, it will have a much better knowledge of the issue. It will let you know when and how the I.A.P. logo, and usually what is not allowed, Most sites have a posting on this type of subjects, and if the logo or information can be passed on. Basically, it's a do's and don't's section. I am not a computer person, but this is what I was told they were. If it's not, then I was misinformed, and hopefully someone else can describe it better then I tried to do.

Len

penicillin

I don't think I would want a customer chasing down the info on how pens are made or where the stuff comes from.
I cannot relate to this statement at all.

I feel that the more customers know and understand about what it really takes to make a quality pen from start to finish, the more they will appreciate the quality of your work, your workmanship, and the time and effort it takes to achieve that level of results.

-> Given a few tools and supplies, most people can turn a pen, but can they match the beauty of your art?

randyrls

Why's that, what harm could it do?

Len; The perception of the customer is what you are selling. If the customer has the impression that the parts cost only $15-$25, they likely will not want to pay $100+ for the pen.

I once offered to allow a friend and co-worker to make his own pen. After he ruined 3 blanks in a row (plain wood), he realized that my skill made it worth the money. I then made the pen he wanted in front of him. AND he bought the pen. Why? Because he realized the skill it took to make the pen.

Top Bottom