Bushings app

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Last night after sorting through a bag of "mystery bushings"and not having a lot of luck I was searching through our library and found someone had written an app for this very thing. That's the best .99 cents I've ever spent. Whichever developed it THANK YOU! I guess this is the sliced bread 0f the pen turning world.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

We are working on a database update, but they take time.

Edgar

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Mick,

Edgar did a great job on the Apple App. Tough to keep up with and get all the new pen kits information.
We're happy that you found it useful and like this simple tool to organize your bushings.

mick

Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

We are working on a database update, but they take time.

Edgar
Edgar, I still have a hand full of bushings I haven't been able to identify including a couple of rather large one that don't show up when I search. You'd think I'd remember making something that big. It's probably user error but if I can't found them after searching some more I'll post them to the forum and see if anyone has an idea. Anyway the app is great. Thank you for creating it!

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Edgar, I still have a hand full of bushings I haven't been able to identify including a couple of rather large one that don't show up when I search. You'd think I'd remember making something that big. It's probably user error but if I can't found them after searching some more I'll post them to the forum and see if anyone has an idea. Anyway the app is great. Thank you for creating it!

If they are rather large, they may be for something other than a pen kit. We are adding more non-pen kits to the database, but there are still quite a few that aren't in the database yet.

Perhaps you've already done this, but one way to search for bushings is to measure its diameter with a caliper, then do searches on near sizes to see if anything shows up. For example, if you measure 0.575, try searching on 0.570 to 0.580 in .001 increments to see if any kits with a close bushing size show up.

If you don't find them in the app, go ahead & post the sizes and perhaps someone can help.

One possibility might be Kaleidoscope Egg bushings. I don't think we have that in the database yet.

Edgar

mick

If they are rather large, they may be for something other than a pen kit. We are adding more non-pen kits to the database, but there are still quite a few that aren't in the database yet.

Perhaps you've already done this, but one way to search for bushings is to measure its diameter with a caliper, then do searches on near sizes to see if anything shows up. For example, if you measure 0.575, try searching on 0.570 to 0.580 in .001 increments to see if any kits with a close bushing size show up.

If you don't find them in the app, go ahead & post the sizes and perhaps someone can help.

One possibility might be Kaleidoscope Egg bushings. I don't think we have that in the database yet.

Edgar
The kaleidoscope I've identified and I can't for the life of me can't remember anything I've turned that would take a bigger bushing. I'm out in the shop in a hour or so and I'll measure them again and try once more.

Top Bottom