Burned my hand

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

Completely forgot that I had just taken a pan pit of a 400 degree oven. I grabbed it and scorched the tips of three fingers and my thumb. Man this hurts.:frown:

when I got done cussing my 6 year old told me to watch my language. He did not care if I was hurt. Since he is not allowed to cuss neither am I.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Drstrangefart

Completely forgot that I had just taken a pan pit of a 400 degree oven. I grabbed it and scorched the tips of three fingers and my thumb. Man this hurts.:frown:

when I got done cussing my 6 year old told me to watch my language. He did not care if I was hurt. Since he is not allowed to cuss neither am I.

Sounds like my kids! That being said, some Hurricaine gel on the burns (if they're not open and infection prone) will numb them up pretty well. It's like Orajel on serious steroids. Street legal Novocaine.

Rick P

Oh dude I did the same thing on valentines day last year! The kid was asking a million questions and without thinking I grabbed the hot handle!

Did a snowmobile bassed hunt with some freinds the next day "how many shots did ya down before pulling that one?" "None, but ya can bet your arse I will be before this ride is over!" Really hope you had the brains to let go! I didn't!!!!!!!!!!!

Heal fast!

Attachments

• 4361197535_fddb9b78fb_z.jpg
    4361197535_fddb9b78fb_z.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:

ctubbs

Get the DR. to give you a big jar of Silvedeen (sp?). Best thing ever for burns. Keep it in a dark place or the silver will oxidize and become ineffective. I heard things like that burn hurt like the dickens, but I wouldn't know having never done anything like that. And i have the scars to prove it!
Charles

Haynie

I have burned myself lots of times. Little and big, I like to cook what can I say. but NEVER on the finger tips. Holy cow this is annoying. I will heal though.

BradG

I have a large aloe vera plant on the kitchen windowsil. every time i burn myself in the kitchen (often) i just cut a tip off and squeeze its gooey juice onto the burn. instantly stops hurting.. brilliant plant to have in the kitchen

Last edited:
Silvedeen is a great product. Passed my hand through a cutting torch flame once. (Someone left the gloves out in the rain and I was only cutting a few links of chain. I have good safety practices. When not cutting always hold the tip of the torch above shoulder height, never raise your other hand above elbow height. The torch hand had settled to shoulder height and I raised my other hand to adjust the goggles then reached across the bench to grab the next chain. No pain, just felt like the skin on my hand was shrinking. The base of my palm was white with brown poka dots. Thanks to a very dedicated nurse who tended to my burn daily for about 2 months and a lot of silvedeen you have to look really hard to see any kind of a scar.

renowb

I got burned pretty bad when I was a teenager. My brother was removing the radiator cap off of my dad's 62 Buick because he was driving the s**t out of it. He had partially unscrewed it and told me to take it off. I thought he had released the pressure so I just unscrewed it and water went all on my right arm. Luckily, I had a long sleeve shirt rolled up half way, but it was terribly, terribly painful! I learned to never trust that guy again!

Top Bottom