Bullseye Turning Supply

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

darrin1200

This kit concept, is interesting. I can see how it could be a stepping stone to making custom pens. From the website, I cant tell where the store is located . Can, UK, USA, Aus, etc. Would make a huge difference in the price, knowing the currency.

TonyL

I deactivated my FB account, but they do have a FB link. Maybe that will provide some insight.

Dehn0045

Took a little sleuthing, but looks like Los Angeles CA.

Kate Harrow is about one of the nicest people you could ever do business with. She's been in the pen community for a while now (a few years) and even hosted a pen turning show in CA last year that we attended pretty much just to get a chance to meet her in person.

Her partner in Taiwan is manufacturing the kits and they're doing preorders at the moment. We've got a few ordered up but don't have them in hand yet since it's preorder only at the moment.

My only grip is I was planning on releasing something similar and had sketched it up but wasn't able to get it made first lol Bottom line: you'll be pleased working with Kate.

Well no, they aren't but this is a bit of an interim step between closed ended pens and fully kitless/custom/bespoke/whatever pen making. What I like most about it is that it's a well thought out system with the mandrels designed for it. I make mandrels for my custom pens, so I'd say they are an important part to have.

Top Bottom