Bullseye Turning Supply Apollo Rev2 RB & FP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from rixstix

rixstix

Just finished a pair of Rev 2 Bullseye Apollo pens and am ok with how they turned out.

Personally, I'm not a fan of high shine finishes, so these are satin finished with RenWax after Novus 2 & 1. The blanks are MuttBlanks.

The 3 start threads are quite loose with less than a full turn, don't provide a very tight seal and feel like a good shake will uncap the pen. The FP will not go over 48 hours before becoming hard-start or dried. My Rev 1 Apollo has been inked for over a year and has always started immediately. The main differences between rev2 and rev1 are 3 start vs single start threads and Schmidt vs Bock nib.

ApolloFPrev2a.jpgApolloFPrev2.jpgApolloRB2rev2.jpgApolloRB1rev2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenB259

I have a few of the revised rollerball Apollos to make. I liked the originals having single threads. To me the Apollo is a desk pen, so the single thread never bothered me and the grain always matched.

TDahl

I have a few of the revised rollerball Apollos to make. I liked the originals having single threads. To me the Apollo is a desk pen, so the single thread never bothered me and the grain always matched.
I agree with the benefits of the single threads. I believe the Artemis is still a single thread.

Top Bottom