Buh bye closed end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pshrynk

I have noticed that PSI is having fewer closed end pen kits and has dropped them from their catalog. I sent an inquiry asking if they were being phased out and the answer back was "Eventually, yes." Well, crap. I got the grabber mandrel and was going to give them a shot. I know that you can convert other pens to closed end, but I'm too much of a neophyte to go that direction right now.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

IMHO, the "eventual" phasing out of the "closed end" kits is a lamentable decision by PSI. . Their introduction a few years ago was one of the most progressive decisions that PSI has made, in my opinion. . They offer a good a good start in going to kitless, but they are nice in their own right.
I have made quite a few of them and was planning on more. . However, for PSI, it is obviously a financial decision. . I assume that the closed end kits did not meet with the general acceptance/enthusiasm that some of us feel for them. . Might be a good plan to buy now before the existing stock is depleted.

Thanks for this "heads up", Brian !

pshrynk

Well if you go and queue up 5 each of the remaining 5 styles, you don't get an out of stock message, so they must not be on the brink. Not sure I want to pull the trigger on a $400 order...

moke

Last summer I used that grabber mandrel and experimented with the shapes of closed ends a little. It works well, but nothing over the top. I have one I got from somewhere else that only does Jr Gent size and then only the body and it is my favorite.

I also got the 4 or 5 pen sample pack (of course I had to have the complete set) and I have to say, they were weird if you followed their directions. They were kind of long, IMHO. But trust me, I've made worse investments in this "pen game". I have many gadgets that I thought would be the end all, be all, and they were just ok.

Top Bottom