Buckeye

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JamesC

Stabilized Buckeye Burl lined with ebonite, Buffalo section also lined with ebonite. M13 Triple start and a JOWO #6 Nib.
Finally got the cap and the barrel symmetrical and fit. Thanks to all the helped me with these issues. Not sure about the shape, any guidance would be appreciated.
Jim
Buckeye 2 (2).jpg
Buckeye 1 (2).jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DrD

Thank you very much.
Your pen reminds me of a Namiki Emperor - an attractive and appealing shape. My favorite along these lines is the Sheaffer White Dot Lifetime Balance, with the more pointed ends. This was where I was going when talking with Jim at Berea Hardwoods when I suggested a modification to his El Grande - the result of which was the Churchill.

All in all, quite nice work with a wonderful piece of timber.

DrD

JamesC

Your pen reminds me of a Namiki Emperor - an attractive and appealing shape. My favorite along these lines is the Sheaffer White Dot Lifetime Balance, with the more pointed ends. This was where I was going when talking with Jim at Berea Hardwoods when I suggested a modification to his El Grande - the result of which was the Churchill.

All in all, quite nice work with a wonderful piece of timber.

DrD
Thanks again,
I've spent some time looking at some of the more popular pen shapes and I see they are all over the map. I may be looking for a design standard that is non existent when it comes to pen shapes. Thinking something like the rule of thirds or meen golden rectangles ext.. my limited experience has opened unlimited opportunities when it comes to these designs. My favorite so far has been a copy (or close replication) of a 1924 Mont Blanc #12 or could be a #123. (Photo attached) This was an oversized pen, which I don't care for, but the size seems more forgiving of design flaws.

Attachments

• 47C8AC5B-5416-4E9A-A30D-D12346615F2C.jpeg
    47C8AC5B-5416-4E9A-A30D-D12346615F2C.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 81
Top Bottom