Buckeye Nuts!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mbroberg

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Cast in Alumilite with Silver Mica Powder on a gold ZEN. Not the easiest blank I have ever turned (I ruined my 1st attempt) but I'm happy with it. Glu-Boost finish. C&C always welcome.

RB200518a.jpgRB200518b.jpgRB200518c.jpgRB200518d.jpgRB200518e.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dehn0045

I know a guy who'd like that better in crimson resin, just saying šŸ¤£ . Very unique, well done! I'm curious if you dried the nuts or stabilized them?

JohnU

Great idea Mike! The finished pen looks awesome. I bet that was a hard one to turn. The neighbor where I grew up had a buckeye tree. Wish I had all of the Buckeyes I threw as a kid. Keep up the great work!

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I know a guy who'd like that better in crimson resin, just saying šŸ¤£ . Very unique, well done! I'm curious if you dried the nuts or stabilized them?

Sam, no I didn't dry or stabilize them. They had been sitting in my garage for over a year. I really don't know if that had any effect on them but they were not straight from the tree. I cut them in half before casting, that is the only prep I did to them.

Great idea Mike! The finished pen looks awesome. I bet that was a hard one to turn. The neighbor where I grew up had a buckeye tree. Wish I had all of the Buckeyes I threw as a kid. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, John. Now I have to find a source for Buckeyes. You wouldn't think it would be hard in The Buckeye State but I've really not found a good one yet.

Dehn0045

Glad you didn't cast it in red. I like the grey a LOT

Ted, this got me thinking a little about my reply, I didn't realize gray was actually one of your (Ohio State) official colors. Also, I should have said "scarlet" and not "crimson", please pardon my blaspheme. šŸ¤Ŗ. But either way, I agree you, gray is much better

Top Bottom