Buckeye burl vertex: hex barrel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

its_virgil

Buckeye burl stabilized with Cactus Juice. Hexagon barrel made with my Beall Pen Wizard.
Comments welcome, good, bad. or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Attachments

• Turntex buckeye.jpg
    Turntex buckeye.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 410
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
As an admirer of hexagonal blanks I'll vote for: WELL DONE!.

The kit is very favorable to me, and the blank profile is excellent.

Thanks for sharing.

jttheclockman

I will give it an A+ too. My personal opinion is the shape you made that blank is the only thing that looks good with that kit. It cries out for that shape. Round does not cut it. The blank itself is a great looking one too as most burls are. Nice job.

its_virgil

Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate them. I first posted one of these in the spring of 2017. I received a PM from Pierre Bouillet France telling me he makes the hexagon barrels using hand tools. We messaged back and forth and ending up collaborating of an article. My part explained how I used my Beall Pen Wizard to make the hexagon barrel. Pierre's part outlined how he makes the hexagon barrels using hand tools. The file is available from my DropBox. Here is the link to the article: Hexagon pen barrel aritcle . Thanks to Pierre for his collaboration on this.
Enjoy.
Do a good turn dally!
Don

Pierre---

Thanks for showing the paper on line again Don, it was fun to compare boths ways!
Next time you make a tricky pen using machines, give me a message and maybe we could do that again on another subject...

Last edited:
Buckeye burl stabilized with Cactus Juice. Hexagon barrel made with my Beall Pen Wizard.
Comments welcome, good, bad. or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Don, looks like they were intended to to be together. Didn't know a beall pen wizard could do that...well done. And thanks for making me consider spending more money.

Wayne

IAP Library Manager
Staff member
Thanks for the comments. I do appreciate them. I first posted one of these in the spring of 2017. I received a PM from Pierre Bouillet France telling me he makes the hexagon barrels using hand tools. We messaged back and forth and ending up collaborating of an article. My part explained how I used my Beall Pen Wizard to make the hexagon barrel. Pierre's part outlined how he makes the hexagon barrels using hand tools. The file is available from my DropBox. Here is the link to the article: Hexagon pen barrel aritcle . Thanks to Pierre for his collaboration on this.
Enjoy.
Do a good turn dally!
Don
Don,

As usual I'm amazed at your creations! Excellent tutorial.

This should be placed in our Library. This is the bounty of our Library.

For everyone else, if you have an idea, and want to create a tutorial or have a tutorial that we need in the Library, let me know.

Don can't do all the work!

its_virgil

Don,

As usual I'm amazed at your creations! Excellent tutorial.

This should be placed in our Library. This is the bounty of our Library.

For everyone else, if you have an idea, and want to create a tutorial or have a tutorial that we need in the Library, let me know.

Don can't do all the work!
Thanks Wayne. You may grab the article or I can send it to you. Let me know.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom