Buckeye Burl stemmed Form

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dick Mahany

Dick Mahany

Here's a Buckeye Burl form about 10" tall and 3" wide.

I was able to get about 3 pen planks from the original block and want to stabilize them. The coloring in BB always delights me, even though my artistic talent and workmanship still need MUCH more refinement :)

Attachments

• IMGP5509.jpg
    IMGP5509.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 326
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Joe S.

Sheesh! If this wasn't a pen site, I bet that would make front page! VERY nicely done and you make me jealous of your turning skills!

Dick Mahany

Thanks for the kind words !

This is the first one that I successfully :biggrin::biggrin: got off the lathe in 1 piece:eek:. I managed to turn the walls to less than 1/8" and it felt good. But other than turners, this doesn't seem to float their boat.

I have always wanted to try making pens, and finally took the plunge. I love the finished product because of it's beautiful combination of metals, finish choices and overall functionality!

I'm afraid this may be addictive, but at a time when key boards seem to be overpowering the once mighty pen I wonder if I've discovered what you all know, too late ?

Happy 2013 to you !!

nava1uni

No, pens are not on their way out. In fact I believe that there is a resurgence in writing instruments.
Your goblet is lovely, nice work and the overall effect is great.

Hendu3270

Perfect!! Simply perfect! Great form and I think the elegant stem offsets the upper portion great. This is an awesome piece.

Jim Burr

Banned
You nailed this Dick. I can understand the foot size, but if that's what you have...
Always time for pens!

Top Bottom