Buckeye burl and redwood burl from Rocky...BP5 +

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rockb

Hi Guys, I'm offering four lots of pen blanks for sale...............two buckeye burl and two old growth redwood burl. The buckeye is particularly nice...minimal "problems" normally associated with buckeye. Hope someone here can use 'em. : )

BP5, $25.00 + $5.00 to ship = $30.00 total. Buckeye burl pen blanks. Five pieces, measurements in the pics. Misted pics show two sides. Buckeye commonly has bark inclusions, voids or loose eyes but these are pretty nice.

bp5a.jpg

bp5b.jpg

BP6, $25.00 + $5.00 to ship = $30.00 total. Buckeye burl pen blanks. Five pieces, measurements in the pics. Misted pics show two sides. Buckeye commonly has bark inclusions, voids or loose eyes but these are pretty nice.

bp6a.jpg

bp6b.jpg

RP31, $25.00 + $5.00 to ship = $30.00 total. Five old growth redwood burl pen blanks. Very nice burl getting harder to find. Note some very fine detail in the burl. Misted pics show two sides. These pen blanks came from Humboldt County, California near Falk, a historic little logging town and lumber mill created in the early days of redwood logging. Google "Falk, historic logging town" and see some history of the area from where these pieces came.

rp31a.jpg

rp31b.jpg

RP32, $25.00 + $5.00 to ship = $30.00 total. Five old growth redwood burl pen blanks. Very nice burl getting harder to find. Note some very fine detail in the burl. Misted pics show two sides. These pen blanks came from Humboldt County, California near Falk, a historic little logging town and lumber mill created in the early days of redwood logging. Google "Falk, historic logging town" and see some history of the area from where these pieces came.

rp32a.jpg

rp32b.jpg

That's all guys....claim 'em here and I'll PM you with details. Thank you all who buy my blanks. Rocky

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jmaxcy

Very tempting rocky. I'll be honest, wasn't sure I'd love the redwood when I got them from your last batch but man oh man did it turn great and clean up nice. I just finished 5 cigar pens with various burls and the redwood is probably my favorite.

rockb

Very tempting rocky. I'll be honest, wasn't sure I'd love the redwood when I got them from your last batch but man oh man did it turn great and clean up nice. I just finished 5 cigar pens with various burls and the redwood is probably my favorite.
Thanks for the comment Jerald.....glad those worked for you. The pens above and yours were taken from the same old growth block. Big difference in old growth burl and second growth.

Jmaxcy

Thanks for the comment Jerald.....glad those worked for you. The pens above and yours were taken from the same old growth block. Big difference in old growth burl and second growth.
It was one of those woods that really improves with the finish. Have two more pieces glued up ready to be turned!

Top Bottom