bubbles

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hippi

I use a pressure pot set to 50 lbs. I still got bubbles I glued the ribbon to the tube using ultra t thick then let set for almost a week then casted in alumalite clear with a hint of blue dye as you can see in the pic it is coming from the cloth what can I do to stop this it really bad around the club though the heart and BENDER the last pic is what i start with

DFE_7120.JPG
DFE_7121.JPG
DFE_7108.JPG

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

If you have enough working time with the alumalite clear, you could apply a vacuum before applying the pressure. The vacuum will cause any trapped air to expand considerably and allow a bubble to float away from the ribbon. The pressure will then collapse any remaining air to a much smaller bubble.

Todd in PA

I'm guessing it's moisture in the form of humidity trapped in the cloth. I was given the advice to use a hair dryer to eliminate any moisture from the cloth ribbon directly before pouring. Worked for me so I'm passing it on to you. 🙂

hippi

I'm guessing it's moisture in the form of humidity trapped in the cloth. I was given the advice to use a hair dryer to eliminate any moisture from the cloth ribbon directly before pouring. Worked for me so I'm passing it on to you. 🙂
thank you

its_virgil

Moisture causes alumilite clear to foam. Ultra thick? What kind of glue? Alumilite clear does not play well with CA glue. The chemical reaction between parts A and B creates carbon dioxide as a by-product so pressure casting keeps the CO2 in solution.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom