Bubbasville Atlanta Successes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

chigdon

Thank you for everyone attending today. I think it was a great success, especially considering we were in a cold, underlit garage. It was a great time with some good trades and a special demo by Ron. I am adding some pictures of the event.

tn_Bubbasville%20002.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20003.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20006.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20007.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20008.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20009.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20010.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20011.jpg

tn_Bubbasville%20012.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bnoles

Living just down the road from you, I feel I missed a good time. I was not aware of this until the last minute in addition I had a lathe class scheduled several months ago with Mark Sillay at Redmond/Rockler today.

Will this come around again and how can I get an invite? [:D][:p]

Ron Mc

Chris,
First off Thank-You for the event!
I had a fantastic time and it absolutaly great to meet some of my forum friends from out east. The BBQ Pork was amazing! Now I just need to find a place in Dallas that has it.
It was well worth the trip to spend some good old Bubbasviille time with you guys and gals.
Thank-You for this oportunity.[:D]

twoofakind

I had a wonderful time and want to thank Chris and his family for putting up with us today and also Ron for taking time out of his schedule to spend time with us. Ron I have showed everyone I have seen your pen, thanks for the swap.
Andy

Ron Mc

Andy, As soon as I get home the fantastic pen you swapped with me will lay in my private collection next to some of my treasured pens from other tuners. My friend...You are a turner that will soon produce a segmented pen that will shock ALL! Please understand how I mean that sentence. I'm trying to say that I really look forward to your art form maturing to what it is going to be. Again...please take that right. You spent some time talking with me today so you know what I am trying to tell you and how I feel about your work in my heart![;)]

BTW TBone...The guy with the blue sweatshirt, and torn jeans on with the amazingly full head of hair would be me.[;)]

Skye

Oh, freakin A, the guy with the long hair was Tbone??? I didnt even get a chance to say hi!

Next year I stay for the whole thing!!!!

Hello all,
Adding my sentiments...had a great time meeting all of you.. probaly didn't remember all the names with the faces past the introduction, but had a fantastic time. Dianne and I talked about how much fun it was all the way home... except for the part where we missed a turn and drove 35 miles out of our way on the way home... we were having fun rehashing the visit and not watching the road...

Ron, Thank you for all the nice blanks in your freebie boxes... Dianne had a ball looking through them and picked up a few... will post what I make from them.
enjoyed your demo.. and good luck on finding bbq port in Texas... I prefer it to beef because it's usually more tender.. also when I was growing up in Texas, we ate more port than beef... you just don't bbq the milk cow when there's usually a pen full of pigs.

It wasn't a pen, but the cremation urn was fantastic..

Thanks Chris for a fantastic day.

tweetfaip

What a great event! I had a great time meeting all of you and seeing all of the different pens - especially Bruce Boone's creations. Ron's demo was inspiring although I doubt I will ever meet the creativity level of many of you. Thanks to Chris for his graciousness and hospitality.

If anyone has the phone number for Vic Jones (laser engraver guy) would you please email that to me? I promptly lost his number...

Can't wait for the next one,

Eric Jones

btboone

It was a good time to see everyone again or for the first time. Thanks Chris. Skye, I think Ron was talking about himself, but joshing a bit about the long hair. [:D]

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Chris

Thanks again for hosting the event, we had a blast meeting everyone, and checking out Ron's cool segmentation program! There sure were a diverse style and artistic collection of pens that everyone brought, and it was cool to see what everyone was working on.

Ron
Thanks so much for bringing all your stuff and sharing all those valuable tips with us...we go forth now annointed disciples of segmentation.....

Skye, check your calendar and tell us when YOU are open for Bubbasville 3.0........

tnhickoryknot

Chris,
Thanks again to you and your family for opening your home to us. It was great meeting everyone and putting a face with a name. Look forward to seeing everyone again.
Thanks to Ron for taking the time out of his schedule and doing the demonstration.
Merry Christmas to all.

twoofakind

I forgot, I am in the nujber 10 picture with the blue sweatshirt and black and red hat on. You know with everything that went on we did not get to do the group pen swap. I enjoyed meeting everyone and cannot wait to do it again.
Andy

Skye

Heh, unless you want to pack everything and everyone into about 200 square feet, my place isnt optimal [V]

AT3-1.jpg

Skye

No prob. I wouldent have known it if I hadnt grabbed one of his little buisness 'cards' which says a lot about it being a good idea.

Skye

Originally posted by TBone
<br />Chris, could you add names to the pictures for those of us who "wish we could have been there"?

Here’s a quick who’s who (remember, I suck at names so this may neot e 100% accurate)

RonMc in blue
Julia in the vest (jtate)
Chuck (Ozmandus) in green
Bernie in tan (BrokenBit)
Eric on the right (tweetfaip)

Same group

Bernie in tan (BrokenBit)
Julia in the vest (jtate)
Andy in blue with stripe (twoofakind)
Eric’s head near his shoulder (tweetfaip)
RonMc up front
Mike’s denim shirt
Bruce (Orgtech) in blue jacket
Bruce (btboone) on his shoulder
Allen (something HickoryNut, hey, it’s a strange name)
Vic behind him
Rob’s (rojo) lady, but I didn’t catch her name… twice. Ok, I suck.
Last guy I didn’t get his name either. Speak up!

Etc etc etc

Ronnie Patterson in green jacket looking at Ron’s blank.

Hey guys,
I've uploaded all the pictures that Dianne took while at the Bubbasville into my Album - Bubbasville, 2006.

Won't try to loade here and take up extra space..

Chris, Thanks again for a great time we really had a blast at the get-together.. maybe we can do again in the spring or summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom