Bruce Robbins

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

eldee

Fellow IAP members,
I am very sad to let you know that fellow IAP member Bruce Robbins passed away Tuesday night (December 28th). Many of you either know Bruce personally or know of his work. He was an extremely talented pen maker with exceptional creativity, technical savvy, and artistic ability. Bruce was intimately involved in the penmaking community and played a key role in MAPG and other activities. His shop and home were always open to those who wanted to stop by and chat or try new tools or creations. Bruce introduced me to pen turning many years ago when we worked closely together at Reynolds Packaging. He was always full of new ideas for making pens and we would discuss the tools and materials required for some of his creations. It always amazed me that he was able to actually turn his thoughts into functional art.
May he rest peacefully

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

Sorry to hear this. I have his number saved in my cell. We have spoken many times. Wonderful man.

Curly

Marla and I will miss him. We flew out to the MAPG and he generously picked us up at the airport, took us to and from the hotel to the gathering each day and returned us to the airport when it was all over. I was privileged to be in a collaboration group challenge with him too. Great guy.

Cwalker935

Bruce was a great guy and I will miss him Greatly. He was always exploring and tinkering with new approaches and techniques. His ingenuity and skills were incredible. I consider him to be a mentor to me and others in the Richmond area turning community. He led the Richmond Penturners club and taught us many things. We were fortunate to have him!

philipff

Bruce was a great friend and possessed a great mind. He was generous to a fault and taught many of us so many things about turning pens. He was President of the Richmond turning club for 2 years and did a fabulous job. He will be missed by all of us! p

its_virgil

Prayers for Bruce's family. We never met in person but Bruce and I have communicated via phone and email for several years and he was always ready to help out with any questions I would present to him. RIP BRobbins629
Do a good turn daily!
Don

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
That's very sad news. I met Bruce in VA a couple times, and he was always very kind and a pleasure to talk with. I had many discussions with him by email as well, and his thoughts helped shape the IAP. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The several time I met Bruce as well as 1 1/2 days together in his home and shop are a cherished memory. Truly represented the best of kindness and generosity within the IAP community. Sincere sympathies to his family and close friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom