Bruce Boone feature

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rifleman1776

I couldn't find a thread that discusses this so I'll make my own post here.
The feature on Bruce Boone is very interesting. Kudos to Bruce for sticking with his dreams and succeeding despite set-backs. Even though his main focus is not wood pens, his creativity and design ideas are admirable.
And, I have to comment on the writing. Johnathon Burton is an excellent wordsmith. He did Bruce and the IAP proud.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

btboone

Thanks so much Frank. I agree that Johnathan really knows how to edit and weed out pages of text to arrive at an interesting and readable story that puts a different perspective on the person behind the lathe. It's a great thing he's doing for us to better get to know each other, as well as showing outsiders who we are and what we think when we come up with the stuff we do. I'm looking forward to learning more about others this way.

Fangar

It might just be me, but for some reason I can't get the photos in the article to display. The ones in Penworks' article work fine, but Bruce's don't.

Cheers,

Fangar

woodwish

Nothing else to really say, great article and very interesting. Feel like I really know Bruce now after reading that, far more than I did from reading all his informative posts over the years. [8D]

Johnathan

I am so glad that everyone is enjoying the "Behind the Lathe" articles. What a treat it has been for me, to visit and get to know some of these wonderful and friendly artists. With more articles on the way, I don't think I will ever run out of amazing people to write about! Thanks to them and their talent and imagination! I am so glad they are willing to share with us all!

For those that are not able to view the photos. Please update your Adobe Acrobat Reader. It is free, and this should also solve your problems. If you are reading Bruce's article without viewing his amazing works, you are really missing out. Get the update and enjoy! I hope this helps.

Johnathan

[8D]

btboone

We'll need to band together to get Johnathan to write about himself as well. He's a real interesting guy, and strives to be the best at whatever he does. I really like that about him. It's a trait that not many people follow through on.

Words to live by: The price of success is always full price, and you also need to pay in advance. That price comes in the form of having to learn new and different things and constantly be working to improve your service to others. Although he is working on a ton of other projects, Johnathan found a way to sell very high end pens as a great niche market and is having a hard time making them fast enough. Congratulations and continued success, although that's virtually assured given the principles at work. Be the best at what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom