Brown Mallee Bowl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from broitblat

broitblat

I finally had a chance to spend a little time in the shop over the holidays. None of the pens I turned out add much to the conversation, but I'm pretty happy with this bowl.

1_Brown_Mallee_5c.JPG

Thanks for your thoughts.

-Barry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wright

Barry, that is a beautiful bowl. How did you turn it being so uneven? I like the art effect of the bowl. Nice piece.

keithkarl2007

Great looking piece. What size is it? I wonder how it would look if you carved the round foot into three small feet?

broitblat

That is AWESOME, Barry. Thank you for showing, and isn't it great when you make something that you are REALLY happy with.

Cheers
Bob.

Thanks, Bob.

I think we're our own worse critics. I know I tend to see the flaws more than things I like in my own work.

-Barry

broitblat

Great looking piece. What size is it? I wonder how it would look if you carved the round foot into three small feet?

Thanks, Keith.

The piece is about 8 1/2" long and 1 3/4" high.

I've never done much carving, but I may have to give something like that a try (I'll probably practice on some other pieces first, though).

-Barry

Bob Wemm

Thanks, Keith.

The piece is about 8 1/2" long and 1 3/4" high.

I've never done much carving, but I may have to give something like that a try (I'll probably practice on some other pieces first, though).

-Barry

Where's your spirit of adventure????

I also would have a bit of a practice, and NOT on a wonderful piece like this one.
I bought a piece of Mallee Burl in August last year, you have inspired me to do something with it now.

Bob.

Top Bottom