Brown ebonite kitless - two caps

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from watch_art

watch_art

Customer wasn't sure if he wanted a clip or not, so I made two caps.
Kind of wish I had made the clipless a bit longer, but it still looks nice.
They both post VERY securely. I wonder if that's just something to do with ebonite.

My camera doesn't like this brown very much. It's slightly different than this.
Thanks for looking!

012.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

Shawn, I've always enjoyed seeing what you come up with, but I really like this one for some reason. While the brown may be "plain" or "ordinary", I think it just gives it more of a classic look. If you look at antique cars, none of them were bright and flashy like some of the paint jobs that current cars have. I like the classic look that this pen has...

bitshird

I'm kind of mixed about the brown, but there's something sort of classic or just different, I like the shape, and your threads look clean and well shaped. I'd like to see that same color and design with a Black grip.
Really a nice pen, I know I'd have no problem showing, selling or using it.

frank123

came from exotic blanks.

How difficult is their ebonite to work with -I've heard not all ebonites are the same- and did you use a finish on it the way they suggest or is it raw? (I ask because I'm a beginner and I've never used the stuff but am quite interested in it)

watch_art

I used my woodchuck carbide tool and it cut like butter. For finish I just sanded a lot and used some Maguier's car polish. :)

Top Bottom