Brother got new counter tops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from PaulDoug

PaulDoug

My brother just had new Corian counter tops put in his kitchen. I asked him to try to get me some of the scraps. He was able to get me quite a bit so I made him and his wife pens and this little vase. The beautiful rose is right out of my garden.

Waynescountertop.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

Please tell me about your glue up process. I have a ton of corian and have had some success glueing it together but I was wondering about your experience.

I put 220 sandpaper down on my table saw top. ThenI flat sanded each piece as best I could. The pieces were 1/2"X3"X6". I then glued one piece a time covering both joining pieces with thick CA. I'd clamp it and let it sit for several hours than added the next piece. Took lots of time. I also did my best to mach up the edge pattern before gluing. Laid it out, numbered each piece and than got excited and screwed up gluing the third piece, glued the wrong side on first:mad:. Therefore there is a little seam showing in two places. You fix that by turning the bad side away from the camera and take lousy pictures!:rolleyes:

Top Bottom