Brooks Blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Manny

Back in 2011 I was lucky enough to get a hold of a box of Jonathan Brooks @Brooks803 blanks. At the time I was casting natural edge with Alumalite. It was sexy and still pretty new (atleast to me) and we made a trade. Well I just want throw props out to Jonathan for his skill and dedication. I still have/horde most of your blanks until a worth project comes around

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpeg
    IMG_0469.jpeg
    575.1 KB · Views: 97
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hewunch

Not sure how much Jonathon gets on here anymore. I am sure he appreciates it though. I was fortunate enough to teach he and Shea how to make their first pen. I think it is safe to say he caught the bug. He has challenged me to be a better penmaker. I could go on, but suffice it to say, he is the real deal.

egnald

It appears that Jonathon (Brooks803) checks in on IAP occasionally. According to the site he was last seen on April 9 of this year. He posted one response to a thread on June 8, 2022, and a couple in August of 2021.

I reached out to Jonathon in August, 2022 to see if I could commission him to make some of his famous Primary Manipulation series of blanks for me. I went through the PM system here at IAP as well as through the Contact page on his Carolina Pen Company site, but never did get any responses so I moved on.

It looks like he (and/or Kristen) is still active according to the messages on the site and on his instagram. I'm sure I would have much better luck buying some of his blanks if I lived close enough to attend some of the shows and gatherings as he seems to be pretty active on those.

He truly is a talented artist.

Dave

Hippie3180

It appears that Jonathon (Brooks803) checks in on IAP occasionally. According to the site he was last seen on April 9 of this year. He posted one response to a thread on June 8, 2022, and a couple in August of 2021.

I reached out to Jonathon in August, 2022 to see if I could commission him to make some of his famous Primary Manipulation series of blanks for me. I went through the PM system here at IAP as well as through the Contact page on his Carolina Pen Company site, but never did get any responses so I moved on.

It looks like he (and/or Kristen) is still active according to the messages on the site and on his instagram. I'm sure I would have much better luck buying some of his blanks if I lived close enough to attend some of the shows and gatherings as he seems to be pretty active on those.

He truly is a talented artist.

Dave
Did you try the pm through Insta, he's very active on there?

egnald

Did you try the pm through Insta, he's very active on there?
That could be my problem - I don't have an instagram account (yet anyway). I already moved on to my second go-to supplier of long blanks. I don't know if you have ever checked them out, but they have some really nice ones.

It is Turnt Pen Company. The blanks are produced by Crowe from the Finger Lakes region of New York.
By day Tim is a high school English teacher who turned to pen making in 2019. Prior to that he made electric guitars and their accessories. I have quite a selection of their blanks and I really like them.

My third go-to is McKenzie Penworks for Tim's Diamondcast™ blanks. The diamonds that Tim uses really makes dazzeling blanks. He sources it directly from licensed diamond cutters.

Regards,
Dave

Aurelius

Dave,
Have you tried his website?
Looks like he has a couple sticks of PM4 available but I know he just got done with the DC show and is getting ready for San Francisco so I doubt that's been updated. He might have some PM1 if that's what you were looking for. Also, you can enter your email and get a notification when he's restocked.

egnald

Dave,
Have you tried his website?
Looks like he has a couple sticks of PM4 available but I know he just got done with the DC show and is getting ready for San Francisco so I doubt that's been updated. He might have some PM1 if that's what you were looking for. Also, you can enter your email and get a notification when he's restocked.
Thanks for the info. Yes, I also reached out through his website "contact us" and my email is already in the "notify me" system. I check back on the website periodically, and except for one or two kinds, everything has been tagged as "Sold Out" for the past couple of years. - Dave.

jrista

Thanks for the info. Yes, I also reached out through his website "contact us" and my email is already in the "notify me" system. I check back on the website periodically, and except for one or two kinds, everything has been tagged as "Sold Out" for the past couple of years. - Dave.
I thought he just had a round of manufacture recently? I certainly bought some of them. I have a bundle of his blanks here from, only a couple months ago. They DO sell out FAST, though. I've been waiting over a year for PM1, and it was gone within the ~two hours it took me to see the email and get on the site. When I was on, though, there were far fewer styles of blanks showing "sold out" then there are right now, though...

Top Bottom