Bricks and scallops.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jimgodoy

Had a little time in the shop today.
Bloodwood Burl body. Chittum Burl scallops and redwood lace Burl bricks. Rough rounded. Not sure what kit I'm going to use yet.
A7557813-0A52-48A4-867F-221D6078EFBB.jpeg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Nicely done ! ! !

I like that combination of bricks and scallops !

Also, the black and white separators really set things off beautifully.

magpens

As for choice of kit . . . . you need something more elegant that the usual . . . . certainly not a slimline.

With those colors, you pretty much need a kit in gold or gold plated metal.

I don't know the dimensions of the blanks so it is hard for me to suggest.

I would consider a kit similar to but slightly more elegant than the Jr. Gent.
I am a big fan of the Jr. Aaron.

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Love the blanks but not a fan of the hands. It is a petpeeve of mine for so long as I ever been doing hobbies. If people can not find enough time to set a pen or blanks down and take a photo I usually jut avoid. To me it tells me they do not care as much as they seem to show their work off. Again I preference this by stating it is my opinion and I have stated this many times before and yes I get heat for it but do not care. It is not like you are taking a selfie with the blanks.:)

jimgodoy

Love the blanks but not a fan of the hands. It is a petpeeve of mine for so long as I ever been doing hobbies. If people can not find enough time to set a pen or blanks down and take a photo I usually jut avoid. To me it tells me they do not care as much as they seem to show their work off. Again I preference this by stating it is my opinion and I have stated this many times before and yes I get heat for it but do not care. It is not like you are taking a selfie with the blanks.:)
That's a whole lot to read into someone based on a quick shop pic. Let me know if this pic better suits you better, same design, different wood combos.
2D601ABF-733D-4ACD-9803-0B4E88193FF1.jpeg

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I'll add. Posting a photo on IAP is not a photo for a website ad, Instagram, or an advertisement for marketing - it is to share what you have done: good, bad or indifferent. I love your work, and the precision is second to none recently. I suspect some may disagree... 🤣

jimgodoy

I'll add. Posting a photo on IAP is not a photo for a website ad, Instagram, or an advertisement for marketing - it is to share what you have done: good, bad or indifferent. I love your work, and the precision is second to none recently. I suspect some may disagree... 🤣
Well the truth is if my hands are in the pic it's because they were an important part of putting the blanks together. Lol. But really I was showing off how little ca I had on my hands after putting them together. That's the real challenge. 😜

jttheclockman

Maybe there is alot to read into my statement but many times how an artist is judged is by his one picture, painting, or photo so yes it does mean something. You do what you want I just voiced an opinion. Your work is great. I am a big admirer of those who do segmenting of any kind. Your combination of materials blend and the design is not too overwhelming and will work with a nice kit. Show us the final results.

Well let me take what Mark said because I know for fact he is directing it at me. Just as he said this is not social media, FB twitter or whatever platform where they do not care. I see that alot on FB. This is a forum where we take pride in our work and want to show it off it a great light and on a bigger stage,and that is great. I as well as others would love to see everyone's work. It is I and I am so sure there are others but they do not speak up that do not care what your hands look like unless you turned them on a lathe.:) Unless someone can explain why it is truely necessary to hold a pen or blanks to take a photo with the other hand is beyond me. Lay them on the ground as far as I am concerned. Lay them on the lathe bed. Hold the phone with 2 hands and steady the photo. Look at your first photo. Your hands are more in focus than the blanks. I am just saying and have had this same feedback whenever I bring it up. To me it just shows we are a society of being in a rush. Everything we do has to be done in such a hurry. I do not and never will get it. Call me old godger or whatever I do not care. It is my opinion. By the way your second photo is far better and worthy of high praise. I bet if that was on a pen kit probably worthy of front page addition. That is a much better photo than I can ever take so you do have it in you. However you take my criticism hope to see more of your work. I bet any amount of money you have your own pet peeves too. ;);)

Top Bottom