Brazilian Rosewood and Corian Modified Slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mark james

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I rarely turn Rosewood, but The Estate Blank inventory still includes 20+ of these blanks. One of the blanks was broken in half, so I thought I'd see what all the hullabaloo is for this timber. Not available for import anymore, only pre-Cities harvested and imported.

So, Brazilian Rosewood and a piece of Corian. Finished with Glu Boost (3 coats each for 6). I'll add this to my pile of Service pens to donate.

Attachments

• IMG_1394.jpg
    IMG_1394.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_1392.jpg
    IMG_1392.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1391.jpg
    IMG_1391.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ironwood

Nice work Mark. The corian looks great with the Rosewood.
We have a "pens for the Troops " thing going over here too, it's a good cause, they give so much, a little in return is a good thing.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I've been waiting to see another one of these from you! You didn't disappoint.

Jay, these are fun to make and after you have done 1-2, very easy! I will always do this as compared to a simple slim. The extra time is well worth it. I also like using corian for all sections - a better/more solid construction for our troops. If they last 2 months or 2 years, they were appreciated, and corian will be a more durable material. (and they look nice also).

Attachments

• IMG_3340.jpg
    IMG_3340.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 153
Jay, these are fun to make and after you have done 1-2, very easy! I will always do this as compared to a simple slim. The extra time is well worth it. I also like using corian for all sections - a better/more solid construction for our troops. If they last 2 months or 2 years, they were appreciated, and corian will be a more durable material. (and they look nice also).

I don't know if you remember but I made one from resin using your technique and was very happy with it. I fully agree with you, it's an easy mod and makes the slimline a much nicer looking pen.

Top Bottom