Brass kitless

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from AbleSnail

AbleSnail

Another brass kitless. I liked this brass. This time is brushed brass.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 281
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 288
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 262
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

More4dan

File and sandpaper. It's truly hand-made :)
Wow, hardcore! I have used a round over carbide router bit mounted in a boring bar holder to round off the ends for acrylic and aluminum. Should work for brass too.
Danny

Last edited:

AbleSnail

Wow, hardcore! I have used a round over carbide router bit mounted in a boring bar holder to round off the ends for acrylic and aluminum. Should work for brass too.
Danny
I prefer to do it manually. ideally it would be possible to eliminate a lathe that is on electricity. Such a truly hand-made, by the candle :)

More4dan

What lathe do you use? There are trundle lathes that work like the old time sewing machines. Combination exercise machine and lathe.

15EA30F2-CD17-4644-AE23-9651D16ACEAB.jpeg

leehljp

Member Liaison
Beautiful work. Well done.

I do have one question though. I am very curious - what kind of brass is that? That looks almost like brushed nickel or stainless steel more than brass. It could be the lighting, but I can hardly see any yellowish tint. That is magnificent work!

AbleSnail

Beautiful work. Well done.

I do have one question though. I am very curious - what kind of brass is that? That looks almost like brushed nickel or stainless steel more than brass. It could be the lighting, but I can hardly see any yellowish tint. That is magnificent work!
I am not sure if they are international markings, but in Poland this brass has the name MO58.

Top Bottom